Parking at the event:
Parking will be available throughout Derby. Once in Derby participants may like to ride their bikes to the start line as a gentle warm up.
The parking is available and for gold coin donation a local community group will direct you or follow the parking direction signs.
Please note Main Street Derby will be closed during event times – to be confirmed. Planning to park is recommended outside of the road closure times. Access to the parking area will be via a diversion around to the Eastern side of Derby.
Driving from the Airport:
- Derby – 1 hr 30 min / 105 km
- If towing a campervan or trailer, it may be preferable to travel via Lilydale on the B81 due to some very tight corners on the Tasman Highway. This causes little to no difference in travel time (advice courtesy of Blue Derby)
- Branxholm – 1 hr 25 min / 94.5 km
- Winnaleah – 1 hr 40 min / 107 km
- Scottsdale – 1 hr 10 min / 69 km
- Bridport – 1 hr 10 min / 89 km
- Weldborough – 1 hr 50 min / 123 km
- St Helens – 2 hrs / 150 km
Whether you are travelling to us from nearby or inter-state, please allow extra travel time for unseen traffic or slower driving conditions due to tight corners and winding roads.
Spirit Of Tasmania
If your looking to bring your vehicle across from the Australian mainland you can book on the Spirit of Tasmania that operates an overnight crossing from Port Melbourne.