EMS ENDURO IS BACK!
COUNT DOWN TO ROUND 1
WHAT ARE YOU IN FOR?
- $10,000 series cash prize pool awarded to all categories top three at each race.
- 5 great rounds of racing in Queensland
- Free photos for all participants from the Element Photography and Video Production team
- Free Zooper Doopers for all participants
- 10% discount on entry fee’s if you enter the entire series – series entries close March 18 (if not sold out earlier)
- Additional Series points up for grabs for “The Queen’s stage” results at 2 of the rounds (Mt Joyce and Toowoomba)
- Heaps of random draw prizes from our valued event partners
- Professional touchless timing system
- Enduro World Series ranking points available at 2 of the rounds (Mt Joyce and Toowoomba)
- The EMS Enduro event team to manage the entire series
- Race entries are limited – get in early!
Riders will have a non-competitive liaison stage between each of the timed stages. Results will be based on the total cumulative time across all the stages. The lowest time in each category will be the winner.
Riders may use any of the trails or fire roads that are not part of the timed sections to make their way to the start of the next stage. Note that care should be taken on fire roads as event vehicles will also be using these. Please do not ride up any race stage otherwise you will be allocated penalties.
Should a participant take longer than allocated on the liaison stage, the clock will start. The race director may choose to waive this penalty in extreme cases (e.g. where medical case has delayed racing). Mechanical and fitness issues will not be given any allowance in the start time.
The race stages will be in a scatter format which means you can race in any order. You just need to meet the overall race day time which will be announced the Monday prior to race day.
Stages will be taped where it is deemed appropriate. Taping will leave suitable line choices where possible, but it will not allow for any significant ‘cutting’ of race stages. Where course tape is only present on the outside of a corner, this defines the route.
Any competitor seen to be crossing course tape, marker posts or taking any route deemed to be off the official race track will be penalised. There must be no interference with the track such as removing rocks, roots or branches. Any competitor deemed to be interfering with the track will be penalised.
Creative line choice is allowed, however, creating your own trail/line is not allowed. If a commissaire or marshal witnesses or receives unbiased witness evidence, the rider will be penalised.
There will be a Queen Stage at each event, and those with the lowest times in each category on this stage will receive extra points towards the series.
Trails maps will be released the Monday before each event, although some venues may be released earlier
The Mt Joyce and Toowoomba rounds will also have Enduro World Series Global Ranking Points up for grabs.
Entry fees for the 2021 season
Age Group Categories | $85 per event or $382 for the series:
- U21: 17 – 20
- Expert : 18 – 34
- Masters: 35 – 49
- Veteran: 50+
Juniors Age Group Categories
- U13: 11 – 12 ($55 per event or $245 for the series)
- U15: 13 – 14 ($65 per event or $295 for the series)
- U17: 15 – 16 ($65 per event or $295 for the series)
If you select Elite, e-Bike, or Sport during the registration process you will be racing in this category instead of your Age group.
- e-Bike ($85/$382): If you will be racing an e-bike please select this category
- Sport($70/$315): If you are racing as an amateur or for fun, this is the category for you.
Age group calculation
Age group will be automatically calculated in the registration process and you will be allocated based on your age as of December 31 of the current racing year.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TIMING AND RESULTS
Timing: Timing readers are located at the start and finish of each stage. Prior to starting the event, riders must tag the CLEAR timing control point and then the START timing control point. Each rider will be issued with a timing device on the morning of the event that will activate the timing control points, this is to be attached to your wrist. Please make sure when identifying which wrist to wear it on the device is not next to any Smart Watch (ie Garmin/Apple etc) as may effect the accuracy of the timing device.
At the start line: Riders must be stationary, one foot on the ground and within the starting area (no rolling starts) when they start each stage. Riders will start each stage at 30 second intervals in a scatter format.
It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure that they pass close enough to the timing points for their chip to read. (within 1 meter). Time penalties may be applied for those who fail to do this.
On completion of all stages for the day you MUST download your timing results at registration. No download no time!
Results are based on the total cumulative time across the stages. The lowest time in each category will be the winner. In some cases (e.g. you have stopped to assist an injured rider) a derived time may be allocated to you for a stage. Penalties can also be allocated if riders do not adhere to the race guidelines or information given during the rider briefing on event day.
Prizes: In 2021 we will introduce a prize pool of $10,000 to be awarded across the races for podium winners (1st – 3rd) in all categories.
The Queen Stage: One Special Stage at EWS Qualifiers will be nominated as the Queen Stage. The winner (per category) of the Queen Stage will be awarded bonus series points. The points are as follows Men: 50 Point Bonus, Women: 50 Point Bonus U21/Master Men: 30 Point Bonus U21/Master Women: 15 Points Bonus.
The aim of the Queen stage is to provide a target for riders who need extra series points, and to provide an exciting focus on the longest, hardest or crux stage of the race. Expect some hard fought Queen Stage victories this season.
Series Points: are allocated to all participants who complete an entire round of the series. If you have moved categories during the series (e.g. Sport – Expert) you will only receive points within the category you participated in.
1st place – 520
2nd place – 450
3rd place – 420
4th place – 400
5th place – 390
EWS 2022 Qualifiers
You will be able to gain qualifying points for the 2022 Enduro World Series event from the following events within our series.
Round MT Joyce – EWS Qualifier – gain qualifying points towards global ranking
Round 5. Toowoomba – Gold Level EWS Qualifier – The top 3 at every Gold Qualifier event also automatically qualify.
For full Enduro Rules please refer to the Enduro World Series
FOR YOUR SAFETY
Full-face Helmets are compulsory on all special stages. A helmet must be worn at all times including liaison stages; they must also be secured properly at all times. Riders under the age of 17 MUST also comply with the following:
- Long sleeved shirt
- Knee & Elbow pads
- Full finger gloves
- A neck brace is strongly recommended but not compulsory
In the event that you need medical attention or come across an injured rider who is not able to continue please wait with the rider. The second person on the scene should continue along the trail to the next marshal point. Anyone affected by assisting with medical will be given a time relevant to their performance on other trails. We have a qualified mobile medical team available at each event. All riders are briefed on safety procedures before racing commences with emergency contact information available on race plates.
For full Enduro Rules please refer to the Enduro World Series
This series will operate under the Industry Approved COVID Safe Plan as well as a COVID Safe Event Checklist.
Some measures we are implementing are:
- Contact tracing of all participants, spectators, staff, volunteers, contractors, and venue operators at each event
- All appropriate Government, Venue, and Authoritative body approvals to hold the series
- Insurance required for all participants
- COVID Safe Training of all staff and volunteers
- Physical distancing: capacity limits of venues based on 1 person per 2sqm have been calculated and limits placed on participant numbers
- Hand hygiene encouraged with handwashing and sanitising facilities available
- Frequent environmental cleaning and disinfection will be maintained of all touch points
- Notice to all patrons, contractors or staff to not enter the venue if they:
• are unwell
• have been in close contact with a known active case of
• have COVID-19 symptoms
• have travelled overseas in the previous 14 days
• have been to a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the previous 14
Events can’t happen without volunteers, so we would love to have you join us. Get in on the action of great Enduro racing with the perks of free merch and snacks! Fill out the form below if you’re interested and we will get in touch.